Thursday, January 20, 2011

Moon sets over the condos

This morning the full moon cast an incredible light on the early morning water...behind us the moon, to the east the sunrise, it was a glorious morning to be out in the sunrise of God's creation. That I was in the fast boat was not too bad either. The women I row with are so competitive that we even notice who "wins" the warm-up...no slacking off, ever! We had a good practice and headed in under the moon beam, which by 7 was beginning to get low in the western sky.

After we had put our boats away, we all headed, as we normally do, to take over Peet's coffee at the Bon Air Shopping Center. As I drove up over the small hill, I saw this moon setting...slammed on my brakes and jumped out to try and take a beautiful photograph. This isn't exactly how I had imagined it, I am still getting used to my "car camera" and could not figure out how to make some minor adjustments, but there it is, moon sets over the Greenbrae condos...it was a sight to behold. I give thanks today for my rowing community and for the gift of being outside every morning in creation.

No comments: