I love the photography of Diane Walker and credit her with helping me find words for the "nature" of my nature photography. Her article about the brain of the contemplative photographer is a jewel and a must-read for all who feel attracted to this kind of work.
As I read her blog, I thought of the picture below, which I took a few weeks back when a friend and I trekked out to Drakes Beach in West Marin. I've always been attracted to the luminescence of water and the sheen on the bubbles. Interestingly, as I was finding this image, I did not notice the Little Stacey which appears in each of the tiny bubbles. I only noticed these as I gazed at the photograph in my computer.
Diane makes the point that the image really has to come first, and then the contemplation, and I completely agree with this. I remarked in my comment on her blog that I love recalling the subjects that have drawn me into contemplation. The gold rock at Fallen Leaf Lake last summer, the agaves at my beloved Mount Calvary, and so many others.
Thank you, Diane!
1 comment:
What a delight to find your blog, Stacey -- and I love this photo. I'm not sure I would even have seen all those little Staceys if you hadn't pointed them out, so thanks for that, too!
Post a Comment