Today I spent a pleasant afternoon with a friend at the second part of the Musee D'Orsay impressionist exhibit at the De Young Museum. As I drove home, I noticed that the fog had begun to pour through the Golden Gate; by the time I was on the Big Red Bridge, I was fumbling for my camera and hoping for a good shot from the vista point.
For years I have crossed this bridge and imagined what a tourist must see....the magic of a fog machine pumping amazing white fluffy stuff into that narrow bay opening. Today, as I stopped and turned back to the City, I saw the pouring of the cool offshore ocean fog into our compact, well-defined San Francisco Bay. I stood and watched as the sun set over the Friday commute home, and gave thanks for calling such a place of natural beauty "home".
1 comment:
glad you stopped before taking the pic-hate to read about pile up on the bridge! always amazing to see the fog"creeping like little cat feet" over the hills and in and over the bridge.
good shot!
Happy Epiphany!
Dorothy
Post a Comment