Monday, January 31, 2011

an unexpected gift

Last night as the sun was setting I drove south to a birthday party for a friend. As I got on the freeway, I could see a specatular sunset, and by the time I was up to speed, I was looking for my camera and deciding where to get off the road and get a good view of the panorama that was developing in front of me. I pulled over at St. Vincent's field and drove furiously to the end of the road....and there was another woman, out of her car, beholding the amazing sunset. So we greeted each other and spent about ten minutes in silence doing our craft of photography. At one point my new friend said "I'm so glad someone else is here to see it" and I agreed. Our brief companionship made the craft even more enjoyable than it would have been for either of us alone.

I couldn't decide which image I liked more. I'm also noticing that I have been drawn recently to large landscapes, unlike my normal proclivity to being drawn into the details. So, thankgiving for an amazing sunset over the cow fields in San Rafael!


No comments: