Today I did my 2x1k test with Lydia. First piece, no problema. We rested for the requisite six minutes, then started again. After about two hundred meters, I stopped. Unlike the last time I stopped, and couldn't figure out why, I realized immediately that I was just not interested in putting myself in extremis for a second time that day. To rowers, this might sound like a failure, since it is considered bad form to stop in the middle of a piece. For me, it was a learning, since I am working back to being able to put myself in the place of extreme pain willingly and be ok. It is about being conscious, awake. For the past couple of years, I have tested myself and not been ok, either with stopping, or the score, or with the entire experience. So this is a coming back of sorts.
The erg test has been a lot of things to me over the past twenty years but never ever did I think it would be a teacher!
No comments:
Post a Comment