Saturday, April 19, 2008
Headwind and discipleship
Today at practice the wind was so cold and the water was so rough that I THOUGHT we would turn back and just go in, but Deirdre had something else in mind. We did three and four minute pieces in the channel. On the way out, we flew in the tail wind, on the way back, we threw our backs into the headwind and the waves. At one point, coming back, I thought "this is what those poor disciples felt like as they were rowing along, wondering if they would ever make it back!" Well, a little overly dramatic, but for a brief moment I had that sense of resolve and wonderment which made me ask "will this ever be over?" Lucky for me, I was in the fastest boat today, so the victory made the slogging worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment