The four is my favorite boat. I rowed bow seat this morning in a Fab 4 which kept up with the 8's and even beat one of them. I think I love the four because you "feel" so much more; you feel bodies moving, you feel the water (especially as the waves crash over the gunwales!) you feel legs going down together (or not). The four is also challenging; it demands to be paid attention to or it crashes to starboard or port or flops too and fro or a million other things that don't "feel so good".
There's something compelling about those things that demand our attention. And then we have a choice, to either pay attention or turn our heads away. Kind of like God, who draws us into the divine intention and who desires our attention more and more...and still, we have the free choice to either pay attention or turn our heads away.
No comments:
Post a Comment