Today I coxed. And I had a great boat that really responded. I love to cox. To cox is a chance to motivate, inspire, push. To cox is to say the right word to get one more inch of run in a boat where 8 rowers are giving everything. My boat did so well, I was so proud of them.
My friend Lydia said "if we could only chop off 60 pounds of you, you could be an Olympic cox." That was quite a compliment. And I didn't mind what she said about my weight, since it's true, I'm WAY too big to be a cox. But still, I love it.
Isn't it true that we may not be "the right size" or "the right weight" or have "the right credentials" or be "of the right social class". And in the end, none of that matters. Oh, it makes a difference, but what really matters is our heart for something. Today my heart wanted to inspire my rowers, despite the fact that my legs went numb and I was wedged into a seat way too small for me. I was glad to do that heart work today. Go Marin!
No comments:
Post a Comment