Saturday, May 5, 2012

the biggest moon

Note to self...it has been a LONG time since I've posted on here!  I have just consulted the Photographer's Ephemeris (a great app for the IPad) and it informs me that the moon will be full at 8:30 and that I should go to the edge of my neighborhood for the best view.  I am thinking of walking up a small hill near my home where the view across the bay is unobstructed and where I think the view will be magnificent. Perhaps I will even bring the old tripod I found in my closet recently and do it up right!

The last time I chased another planet like this, the moon was setting behind the boathouse and I could not get away from the buildings and lands. But this time, I think I can imagine where a good spot will be.

It's an interesting idea, to anticipate a view and then place oneself in the right path to receive it. Wish me luck!


No comments: