Saturday, May 15, 2010

a young buck chomping


I went to check in at the church this afternoon and as I drove up, I saw a young buck with small fuzzy antlers standing at the end of the parking lot. I watched him for a long time, and as he grew comfortable he helped himself to some tender new oak leaves (who knew?) and stood there contendedly chomping on them.

I decided I needed a picture so quietly rummaged around in the car and found my camera. By the time I was ready, he was off looking for some more scrumptious new growth.  I called "deery deery deery" but all I could see was his rump hiding among the buckeye trees (which new growth simply SOUNDS more delicious!)

I had arrived on the hilltop in a bit of a funk and found myself driving away smiling. How could I stay in a funk seeing God's creation acted out right in front of me?  An ordinary Saturday afternoon with a blessing to send me on my way. Thank you, Creator!

No comments: