I had another 23 hour retreat this week at Bishop's Ranch to prepare for Holy Week. I spent some wonderful time Sunday evening sitting and listening to these Cow Friends eat their dinner. Their happy California Cow crunching of the green grass was only occasionally interrupted by a moooo or another random Cow noise. I tried to feed them some of the delicious tall thick green grass on my side of the fence, but these Cows were intent on grazing quietly.
Listen carefully and you can hear them too! Reminds me of sitting in silence on retreat and listening to my fellow retreatants eat. Listen!
4 comments:
ah yes, cows chewing their cud! and the sweet smell of Eau de Rancho del Obispo!
a good way to enter into Holy Week with the earthy sounds and smells
of God's creation.
D
You got it, D! Yes, all the smells and sounds!
Thought those cows looked familiar. And I remember the smells very well.
Moo!
Post a Comment