Wednesday, March 24, 2010
The Important Things
The other day I had a good and serious conversation about a serious matter with a colleague. At the end of the conversation, we checked in with each other about one another, and remarked that that was the right way to end the conversation.
As I drove home, I passed the St. Vincent cows as I do every evening. Usually, they are standing on their feed pile looking silly. That night, they were up against the fence, perfect conversation partners. I pulled over and started talking to them, about my day, about the delicious food growing just out of their reach, etc.
Soon I had the whole herd flocked around me. I fed the calm ones big bunches of green green grass, and then asked them to pose for my camera. They were mostly amenable. Interestingly, the biggest ones were the most skittish. Thank you, cows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy Cows !!!!
Amen to that, Sister!
Post a Comment