Thursday, May 21, 2009

the moment of light

This morning I was "on land" for practice, so Liz T. and I erged a bit and chatted a bit and then headed out for our days. I grabbed my camera, since I am so rarely not on the water when the morning light is coming and then comes. I walked along the creek where we row, very attracted to the fog hovering around while the sun was coming up.

I love the photographer Michael Fatali and especially these words he writes: "Photographing these magical monuments of God's creation requires the practice of great patience. Waiting for hours, days, or sometimes even years for the right light is what is required to communicate the wonder."

I also love that in his field notes, he notes the amount of time waiting for the light he has spent on each image. I hope some day to have more time to wait for the light. For now, it's catch as catch can in between my various activities!

No comments: