
Today I spent a good part of the day at the Bishop's Ranch, which is the retreat center of our diocese. I've been going there since the early nineteen seventies, when I went there with my youth group from St. Paul's in Burlingame. The chapel has always been a soothing place for me, from the dark cold mornings when we used to follow the Franciscan friars in for a sleepy Morning Prayer, to today, when the chapel was filled with warm light and the glow from the stained glass windows.
I found myself giving thanks today, and the words of T.S. Elliott came:
You are not here to verify,
Instruct yourself, or inform curiosity
Or carry report. You are here to kneel
Where prayer has been valid.
3 comments:
Great photo and post.
Thanks Stacey--- that chapel is indeed a very special place...
its where I made my decision to go for ordination for the diaconate!
after much wondering around the ranch and lonnnng conversations with God !
your photos and comments are also soothing.
Dorothy
Thanks, Polly and Dorothy! I can't wait to go back up...the new "poustinia" is finished and it is so peaceful!
Post a Comment