This morning I did "an hour of power" on the erg...the idea is to sit down and pull as hard as you can for an hour. I hadn't done that in a long time, and it was an hour very well spent. I was annoyed about something this morning, and used my hour to reflect again on Nina's sermon from Sunday. To me, the mark of a good sermon is if you are still thinking about it mid-week. So I chugged along, at a rate 22... and my morning meditation conversation during each pull of the handle went something like this:
"why are you so ticked off, Stacey?"
"think about Nina's sermon"
"what weed is just waiting to be yanked out by its root"
"the weed of misplaced anger"
"and what is feeding that weed, anyway?"
"hurt"
"disappointment"
"jealousy"
"and why are you letting these burrs under your saddle annoy you so much?"
"what good are they doing anyone?"
Then I think I really yanked on that chain and gave myself some hard work to do...
After an hour of this, my bad mood had disappeared, I felt that I had faced some things internally, with God yanking that chain with me, and it was time for coffee. I've used repetitive exercise as meditation before, but I believe this was perhaps my first dialogue meditation. I highly recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment