Today at practice Libby and I erged. Next to us, the novices were doing what appeared to be their first 6K test, and their coach (and our teammate) Carolyn was urging them on at the end, saying "you're in a race and what can YOU contribute to the boat? Stay strong!" It was inspirational!
After practice, I did my maiden voyage on the wonderful mountain bike my brother and sister-in-law gave me for my birthday. What a different experience that was, making my way with no one to urge me on, only the slowly rising hill and my knowledge that there were lower gears for me to shift to. Thank God there were lower gears.
There's a time to be working together and a time to work alone. I'm still learning the benefits and the drawbacks of each. Jesus was constantly surrounded by his followers, but he still found time to go off on his own for a while. A good example!
No comments:
Post a Comment