Tuesday, December 4, 2012

the ordinary is so extraordinary




I drive past St. Vincent's field at least twice every day, sometimes more.  I stand at an interesting intersection between the road leading to St. Vincent's School for Boys, the gate to this farmland, and a dead end where I get on the freeway to go home from church. For some reason, this corner captures people; this moring I was alone, but many times when I careen off the freeway to "my corner", there are others there, looking. There is a lot of weather to be seen from this corner. Over our backs are the small hills of Marinwood, and twenty five miles or so way back is the Pacific Ocean and Point Reyes. This view is to the East, generally in the direction of Berkeley, and the San Francisco Bay is in between my corner and the sunrise.

And so my careening today reminds me to look for the beauty in the ordinary. What thing of beauty will you notice as you pass it for the umpteenth time today?

No comments: