Monday, July 23, 2012

the beach in South Africa

Today we drove to Kenton to make some travel reservations, and also to make a stop at the beach. We had delicious venison quesadillas and conversation for lunch in a restaurant that overlooked the ocean. Powdery white sand, blue/azure/turquoise water, a deserted beach. I dipped my toes In the Indian Ocean, and gave thanks for the earth's water in its many forms.

The sky in South Africa is huge. These pictures do not do it justice. We saw monkeys, deer-like beautiful creatures, on the drive over. Amazing beauty.

Tomorrow the Community begins its long retreat. We will be in silence for a little longer than a week: not complete silence, because the schedule of
prayers throughout the day continues. However, we will eat silently and will enter the time with an intention to be mindful, not talkative. Pray for me and for the brothers, too!

My intention is to spend time in nature, with my camera in hand, which is a form of seeing prayer for me. I will share what I pray on the other side of Long Retreat!




No comments: