Friday, January 13, 2012

Blue Velvet Bay


Sunsets are my contemplation these days. I veered to the pullout tonight just after I had crossed the Golden Gate Bridge because the water beyond the Gate looked like blue velvet. When you have run your hand over it...nappy and smooth and ruffled in random patterns all at the same time. And beyond that was the subtle sun setting across the entire horizon. I wanted to simply stand and stare. When I am presented with such beauty, all I can do is look for as long as I possibly can. In the case of tonight, trying not to crash the car at the same time.

I liked the people who were hiking up the trail from the beach. I liked them in the picture. I watched them watching the sunset and it took me a while to feel comfortable taking their picture. How were they appreciating the beauty in front of them? What were they saying to each other? These are the questions this picture asks me to imagine. We exchanged hellos as they walked past me, and we went on our ways in the light of the evening.

No comments: