Monday, May 9, 2011

Morning Colors

As I prepare for a different rhythm this summer, I am so aware of how much the early morning is my most generative, quiet and lively time. Quiet and lively may seen in tension, but the morning has always been the time when I am most aware of my life and of the life I am in.  Rowing is the perfect sport for a morning person, and although I am currently rehabbing from a neck injury, I still try and make it down to the boathouse to do some kind of exercise every day and, most importantly, see my community.

This morning I grabbed my camera and went walking along the shoreline. This picture is absolutely unremarkable in every possible way except for the colors and the way the flower looked as it it had been folded haphazardly. The deep, rich colors of sunrise call me day after day, and I loved the pink and green and California golden poppy gold.  So I share a morning color today, thankful for the eyes to see.


No comments: