Friday, April 15, 2011

kinda sorta a sabbath day

For many of us, Lent and Holy Week are our most passionate and our most busy and our most draining seasons. Today is the countdown day, and I happily spent Friday, which is usually my day off, doing church things interspersed with regular Friday things like laundry and errands and coffee with friends. We have been ramping up all week and will continue all the way through Easter morning. Here we go! An extrovert's dream.

I am very drawn to the Virgin of Guadaloupe, so I sifted back through a few years of pictures and found these  from the Mount Calvary chapel. Generally, my photographic work most ends up being only very slightly edited, since I find much more joy behind the camera out in nature, rather than in front of the computer. However, these images wanted to be together, and so in a simple way, I have tried to listen to what they wanted. I've decided I could fiddle forever to create perfection, or take the other road of practice, which for me is infinitely healthier than overworking the illusion of perfection. So here we are, on the Friday before Palm Sunday, with a prayer to the Virgin. Pray for us.


No comments: