I left practice today and as I was driving home, saw a full, ground to ground BEAUTIFUL rainbow which stretched across the sky. I remembered the many times in Sunday School that we have talked about God's meaning for the rainbow...and I prayed for the covenant between God and us to be remembered. I often think that the sign is for us, but the Scripture clearly says that this is God's reminder for God's self, which I like to ponder as well; it is a mutual reminder, perhaps.
I simultaneously drove like a bat out of hell to the church, where I ran in, found a camera, and got ready to capture the incredible rainbow. As always, it eluded me, and I was only able to capture this charged, emotional sky. Oh well, I can at least take the memory and make this my prayer for today.
from the Message Bible, God's Rainbow conversation with Noah:
,
God continued, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and everything living around you and everyone living after you. I'm putting my rainbow in the clouds, a sign of the covenant between me and the Earth. From now on, when I form a cloud over the Earth and the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll remember my covenant between me and you and everything living, that never again will floodwaters destroy all life. When the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll see it and remember the eternal covenant between God and everything living, every last living creature on Earth."
No comments:
Post a Comment