The other afternoon, I was driving home and was amazed to see three black clouds over these houses, amidst white puffy clouds and blue sky. The sky was very dramatic and also very fluid. All sorts of weather in one small moment. I drove quickly to several spots to try and get a shot, knowing I had very little time to capture what was happening. I have taken to keeping my camera in the car (shhh, don't tell anyone!) for just this purpose, and I was feeling pretty pleased with myself.
Try as I might, I could not get to exactly the right place. I was too far away (hence phone wires in the picture) or too close (and the camera lense wasn't wide enough.) Finally, I just decided to take the pictures. And I liked them, despite the fact that they were not perfect, hence a good example of imperfection for me to ponder today.
This is something to work on, I think, trying hard, not getting just the perfect result (or the one imagined in one's mind) and still being satisfied. I only realized I was satisfied with this picture as I found myself returning and returning to it. I'm grateful for the three black clouds and blue sky; they really showed me something!

No comments:
Post a Comment