Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Labyrinth Dog

Today we walked the labyrinth with the three young people preparing for confirmation. I've walked Nativity's labyrinth numerous times myself, but this was the first time of walking it with others. I brought Molly Brown, who walks the labyrinth the same ways she walks on a leash...in circles. She's a herding dog, and not too mindful of the "proper" place to be with regard to the leash and to me, her Person.

As we walked today, and as I turned the corners and she circled, I had the sense of a slow dance in circles. Sometimes she stands still, waiting for me to complete my turn, sometimes I stand still and she walks (and tangles my legs) around me. And eventually we reach the center, just as we are supposed to. It takes a while, but we get there.

On this circuitous journey we are on together, thank God for the Labyrinth Dog!

1 comment:

motheramelia said...

Stacy, I have a nylon canvas labyrinth that Izzie walks all over while I set it up and walk the path. Sometimes she lies down and rests so I have to walk over her. We do get to the center eventually. She leaves when I do. It is great to have canine companionship along the way. Pax