Monday, April 27, 2009

blowing my head off...



I am so fortunate to be surrounded by friends and colleagues who love me, challenge me, teach me, help me offer my gifts. I've always loved Parker Palmer, and am currently (as my class in pastoral care in the seminary is coming to its close) reading Palmer's The Courage to Teach. More insights than I can possible offer here, but I will offer the statement that stands out among all the others... kind of like these shots of seagulls that I just happened to be lucky enough to grab on Saturday during the Amazing Birthday Race. I have to be grateful when something falls into my lap and sticks - like this sentence about truth, or this picture of seagulls - since they are entirely beyond my capability to make happen on my own! Grace, maybe?

p. 106 of The Courage to Teach says: Implicit in this exploration of how we know is an image of truth that can now me made explicit: truth is an eternal conversation about things that matter, conducted with passion and discipline.

1 comment:

motheramelia said...

Fantastic pictures of gulls. The quotation requires some thought.