Friday, January 30, 2009

the trees look like people walking the labyrinth


I love the passage of Jesus healing the blind man. from Mark 8:23, Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, "Do you see anything?" He looked up and said, "I see people; they look like trees walking around." Once more Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.

That people would look like trees walking around, it's an image that makes me wonder what other things people look like, when they are not looking like people. And the reverse,what trees look like when they are not busy looking like trees. At Nativity last night, I stepped outside and watched the sun go down. To me, it looked as though the oak trees wanted to walk our new labyrinth, so I took this picture, and kind of like it!

1 comment:

Whit+ said...

This post (written words) and photo are so beautiful.

Thank you for posting it.

Love, Polly