Sunday, September 7, 2008

Looking with soft eyes

I've been doing some interesting reading about dreams lately. A little small book called A Little Course in Dreams by Robert Bosnak is one of those books that keeps getting better and better with each read. So I have been concentrating on experiencing my own dreams with soft eyes. That is to say, I try and let myself unfocus a bit, become ever so less detail oriented, and then drift over the dream with a mind and heart that are soft.

My dog Molly Brown has what the vet calls "old dog eyes"; a bit cloudy, but ever attentive. I think of them as soft eyes, since she has that "mascara" marking that makes her eyes look so warm and inviting. This picture occurred to me tonight as an example of seeing with soft eyes. Of course, knowing my lack of developed skill as a digital photographer, I cannot claim to have created an intentionally soft portrait of Molly Brown. However, I like it anyway!

No comments: