Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Singles Ladder

Ari and Rachel brought the "singles ladder" idea from Austin to Marin. Basically, everyone shows up, rows whatever boat they choose, to see how fast they can row the course. No age, weight, boat handicaps. Just fun racing.

I raced from church, where we had had a fantastic service and brunch, to the boathouse, where I threw off my clerical collar, threw on my trou and jumped in a boat (a wide Maas Aero since it is so incredible stable). Took off down the course. Made a very nice turn around the buoy, if I do say so myself, and raced back. People on the dock cheered and it was so much fun.

I felt so very grateful today to go from one gathering to another, from church to rowing, where people cared for each other, supported each other, were only there because they wanted to be there. Church and rowing. It was a great day.

1 comment:

Whit+ said...

Glad you had a good day! What is the cool rowing carving in the upper right corner of the blog?